Forever Bamboo’s synthetic thatch products are a cost-effective and smart alternative to natural thatch materials. Our artificial thatch is made from 100% recyclable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) extruded plastic. Additionally, all of our synthetic tropical thatch products are resistant to pests. Synthetic thatch has a similar appearance to natural thatch, yet it needs virtually no maintenance. Enhance your space with this eco-friendly, recyclable thatch that can greatly enhance your design.
Our Artificial Thatch Products
We source all Forever Bamboo products from trusted and reputable manufacturers. As the country’s leading supplier of natural thatch products, we are the most knowledgeable source when choosing a synthetic alternative for your Palapa or thatch roofing. Our expert team can explain the differences and help you select the right material for your project the first time!
Read on to learn more about our current selection of faux thatch rolls and panels, or visit our individual product pages for detailed specifications, installation instructions and other useful information.
Viro Synthetic African and Java Thatch
Have you had to replace your natural thatch multiple times? If you'd like to avoid regular thatch replacement, check out our synthetic Viro African Reed Thatch and Java Thatch options. At Forever Bamboo, we offer an eco-friendly product that replicates the detailed artistry of African and Mexican Palm thatch styles.
Our Viro synthetic thatch is made from high-density polyethylene, also referred to as HDPE. This synthetic material does not pose a threat to the environment and carries a 20-year manufacturer's warranty. In addition, it is pest resistant. This product is your solution to having to deal with re-thatching your structure year after year.
We sell two different types of Viro synthetic thatch to provide texture and definition to your projects — African and Java styles. Our synthetic Viro Java Palm and Viro Reed African Thatch styles can be used to cover Tiki huts, umbrellas, Palapas and other sturdy building structures. Viro Java simulates the popular Mexican- and South Pacific Balinese-styled thatch coverings found in tropical islands all over the globe. Viro African is modeled after our natural cape reed thatch, which gives a more architectural look to your outdoor setting.
A few of our popular Viro Synthetic Java Thatch products include:
- Viro Java Thatch Panels: These artificial thatch panels are perfect as roofing for Tiki bars, gazebos and small shacks for a beautiful look and feel.
- Viro Java Thatch Top Cones: Top cones add the perfect finishing touch to any thatch roof. Our classically shaped Viro Java Thatch Top Cones come in different styles.
- Viro Java Thatch Umbrella Panels: Add shade and protection from the sun with our Viro Java umbrella thatch panels to complete your synthetic thatch umbrella covers.
Our Viro Synthetic African Cape Reed products include:
- Viro Reed African Thatch Starter: Our beautiful Viro Reed African Thatch Starter panels are the first step in creating your reed thatch roof. This artificial thatch is ideal for building residential or commercial Tiki huts and other thatch roof edifices.
- Viro Reed African Thatch Eave: Eaves are essential components of any African cape reed thatch roof, since they cover roof fascia boards. These artificial eaves are environmentally friendly with a natural look and feel.
- Viro Reed African Thatch Umbrellas: Our pre-made Viro Reed African Thatch Umbrellas are perfect additions to any tropical or safari-themed exterior architecture. You can see the beautiful multi-tiered texturing effect of the traditional panel layering.
Synthetic Palm Thatch vs. Synthetic Reed Thatch
Not sure whether to use artificial palm thatch or synthetic reed thatch for your project? Consider your space's theme. Faux palm thatch looks just like the traditional roofing materials used to cover island structures and cottages. It complements spaces meant to look like a Hawaiian paradise or a historic village. Meanwhile, reed thatch tends to suit safari or jungle environments based on areas that use it traditionally.
However, you don't always have to follow these rules to the letter. The perfect fit depends on what you want to do with your space, so you have the final say. Check out our customer project gallery to see how creative minds use our thatch products to suit their aesthetics.
If you want to base your decision on environmental impact, you don't have to worry. We have the same eco-friendly philosophy no matter what products we source. When we choose our natural materials, we put sustainability first. The same principle applies when we source artificial Tiki thatch. Both options feature recyclable materials and long lifespans that minimize their carbon footprint.
Benefits of Artificial Thatch
Why should you choose faux thatch over a natural product? The answer to this question depends on your unique needs. For many applications and many customers, natural thatch is still the way to go. However, there are several compelling reasons why you might want to consider a synthetic alternative. Our synthetic thatch products are:
- Attractive and versatile: Building structures with artificial thatch roofing mimic the same luxurious Palapa structures that are made from natural thatch products. To the untrained eye, our faux thatch products are virtually indistinguishable from natural materials. Use our products in homes, businesses and any other space that can be improved with a Palapa or Tiki hut style of roofing.
- Affordable and long-lasting: All of Forever Bamboo’s synthetic thatch is built to last and withstand many different climates. Artificial thatch is a cost-effective and smart alternative to natural thatch products that generally need to be replaced every five years. Fake thatch products resist weather-related wear and tear, giving you more value for your money with less care and replacement on an ongoing basis. They’re a smart choice for anyone who wants that topical, Tiki-inspired look without having to worry about maintenance.
- Good for the environment: We take great care to ensure that our natural thatch is sustainably harvested from renewable sources. Staying true to this commitment, our synthetic products are made from high-quality, commercial-grade plastic extrusions that do not harm the environment. With Forever Bamboo, you’re taking steps toward being more sustainable for the environment, regardless of whether you choose a natural or synthetic product.
There is no shortage of reasons to buy artificial thatch for your home or business. However, not all products are created equal. It’s important to work with a reputable supplier who can recommend the right products for the task, which is where Forever Bamboo comes in. Not only do we carry a large inventory of products from some of the best manufacturers in the business, but we also offer expert advice based on our long-standing history in the industry.
Synthetic Thatch Applications
You can use synthetic thatch for both exterior and interior settings. Our artificial tropical thatch covers Palapas, Tiki bars, cabana, umbrellas and gazebos the same way as its natural thatch counterparts.
These synthetic thatch products are also ideal for interior installation in both residential and commercial spaces. Give your business or home a fresh new look by decorating wall space, privacy panels and bar areas with our synthetic thatch panels.
Get inspired with potential applications for our artificial thatch products by visiting the Forever Bamboo photo gallery. There, you’ll find in-depth case studies and detailed examples of some of the many ways our customers are using thatch and reed products in their homes and businesses.
Thatch panels can easily be installed with pneumatic staples, nails or screws on any solid roofing surface. All synthetic thatch products can be cut with a sharp scissor or looping shear just like our natural thatch products. Use any synthetic thatch panel to enhance your building structure for an authentic tropical theme in your backyard or commercial project.
It takes just a few steps to install our synthetic thatch roofing panels:
- Measure and mark: Carefully measure and mark your panel locations. Use a permanent marker to note the exact area where you want to install.
- Prepare your pieces: Make any additional cuts and prepare your tools. If you need to cut your panels into smaller sizes, use a hand saw. Keep your staple gun and other tools handy during the installation process.
- Start at the bottom: Apply the first layer of panels at the bottom row. This approach will create the most natural look possible.
- Build the layers: Add each layer of panels above the previous one. We recommend overlapping each panel by about 7 to 8 inches for even coverage.
- Top it off: Cover the peak and hips of your roof with smaller sections of thatch. Measure the gaps you find. Then, cut and apply your panels to fit these spaces.
If you have any further questions about thatch roofing installation, contact our customer support team or check out our handy guide to installing thatch. We are happy to provide custom advice on creating the perfect synthetic thatch roof for your project.
Forever Bamboo works with different suppliers and distributors to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality product. We are constantly searching for new eco-friendly thatching products to add to our inventory. Customer service is very important to us, and we only supply the highest quality products to our valued customers.
Forever Bamboo is proud to partner with restaurants, bars, resorts, theme and amusement parks and any other businesses requiring bulk or wholesale orders of a faux thatch product. We offer personalized attention for your organization and will work to find solutions that are right for your budget. All products ship from our warehouse in Southern California, which helps keep delivery times to a minimum whether you are ordering just a few artificial thatch panels or placing a large commercial order. Complete a commercial or wholesale inquiry, and we'll get back to you with a custom quote.
Artificial Thatch Maintenance
Natural thatch products, while beautiful, need regular upkeep and replacement. If you're interested in the same look with a product that requires virtually no maintenance, our artificial thatch umbrellas and roofs are a wonderful solution. Our artificial thatch is made out of fully recyclable, eco-friendly polyethylene that is more heartier than its natural counterpart.
How to Care for Artificial Thatch
With synthetic thatch, there's no need to re-thatch the surface! Artificial thatch is resistant to pests, so there's no need to apply any special treatment, which saves you significant time and expense.
If you're thinking about making the switch from natural to our artificial thatch varieties, consider these maintenance-saving qualities:
- Realistic appearance: To the untrained eye, faux thatch is virtually indistinguishable from natural materials. Our artificial thatch replicates the look and textures of straight African and frayed Mexican palm thatch styles, without rotting or shedding over time.
- Consistency: Due to natural variations found in dry leaves, the final look of natural thatch can be varied, especially if you need to replace older, weathered thatch with a section of new thatch. Alternatively, synthetic thatch doesn't rely on plant availability or growing seasons. Our controlled manufacturing process ensures you'll enjoy greater color and texture consistency. You won't need to maintain it by trying to carefully match thatch sections.
- Durability: Artificial thatch won't break down like natural thatch. Once it's in place, there's no re-thatching required, meaning it will look as good as new for years to come.
- Weather resistance: Artificial thatch is created to resist wear and tear from precipitation, temperature shifts and climate-related wear and tear.
- Pest resistance: As seen in nature, bugs are drawn to natural thatch because dry leaves are a common food source and residence option for pests. Prevent your roofing from becoming a snack for insects with plastic thatch. Our synthetic materials also prevent decay that can cause irreversible damage to natural thatch.
How to Protect Artificial Thatch From the Elements
While synthetic thatch is resistant to climate-related wear, there are times when it's necessary to protect against Mother Nature. Preventative maintenance for artificial thatch is quick and easy to accomplish. Simply take precautions for these conditions:
- High winds: Even though thatch can usually withstand winds up to 50 or 60 miles per hour, its resistance can vary depending on the weather conditions. If a hurricane or storm with high winds is expected to roll through, we recommend you remove the thatch and store it inside as a protective measure.
- Environmental particulates: All outdoor surfaces are subject to falling leaves, dust and pollen exposure. In the same way you take the time to periodically clean off your patio furniture, you can keep your synthetic thatch sparkling clean by hosing down the surface occasionally.
Artificial Thatch Alternatives
If you want the longevity of artificial thatch, but in its natural counterpart, consider our Tahitian palm thatch. Also known as Fiji palm thatch, Tahitian palm thatch is the natural thatch of choice and a great alternative to synthetic thatch. Give your Tiki huts, gazebos and other structures a natural tropical look with out Tahitian palm thatch.
Your Source for Artificial Thatch Products
Forever Bamboo specializes in natural and synthetic bamboo and thatch for homes, businesses and any application. To offer options to all customers, we are proud to sell a variety of artificial thatch products.
Our office is open Monday through Friday, and our representatives can provide advice and assistance on any matter related to product selection and ordering. Give us a call at 877-912-2244 or contact us online to get in touch today. Ready to place an order? Shopping online is safe and secure at Forever Bamboo. Explore our artificial thatch product pages to get started.