About Lampac Matting
These reed grass matting rolls are skillfully woven together into a 3x26 foot mat. Before the mats are weaved, the reed grass is cut and semi-dried to create a supple material suitable for production. Only premium reed grass is selected for our matting rolls to ensure the highest quality product is sold to our customers. Lampac mats are specially woven into a breathable design that allows for airflow to protect from mold. The texture of lampac matting is naturally smooth.
Lampac matting is used as decoration to cover ceilings, walls, tiki bars and even furniture. Application is easy and effortless; glue, staple or nail your matting to any solid surface for a finished look. If installing outdoors, we recommend treating reed mats with a clear, protective sealant for increased durability. For added convenience, we sell Thatch Safe sealant that makes lampac and other tropical materials resistant to fire. This coating will make your lampac mats last longer.
Since lampac mats come in convenient rolls and cut apart easily, you can use them as a material for a wide range of projects, including:
- Art: Lampac's unique texture will stand out in a mixed media piece. You can also cut it into an attractive shape and frame it as-is. In addition, it can act as the canvas for your next painting.
- Crafts: Natural matting like lampac cuts and folds similarly to fabric or cardstock. Create folded stars and flowers to add to another project. Attach lampac to pen holders, light switch covers and other everyday items to add exotic flair to daily living
- Accessories: Sew, twist and glue lampac together to make tropical accessories such as belts, hats, bags or jewelry. Remember to seal any fraying edges before use by sewing or gluing them.
- Refurbishing: If your furniture has damage or discoloration on a single flat surface, considering covering it with lampac matting. Cut it to cover the entire side, or leave some room around the edges. Use small strips of lampac as organic accents for dresser drawers, cabinet doors and tables.
- Place settings: Cut lampac into sturdy placemats and coasters for your resort, restaurant or home dining area. Use a clear or tinted sealant to make your place settings more durable and water resistant. Finish the edges with ribbon to add contrast.
All of the matting products in our inventory have undergone a series of quality tests. Each mat goes through testing to ensure only the highest quality, eco-friendly products are sold to our customers.
Our lampac matting is made from eco-friendly reed grass that is recyclable and biodegradable. The reed used in lampac matting is also pesticide- and chemical-free as well as safe for interior or covered exterior use. Forever Bamboo provides high-quality green building materials that are safe for the environment. Lampac mat rolls are just one of the many sustainable materials we offer to our customers. Combine it with our other natural materials to create a project with little strain on our planet's natural resources.
Lampac matting can be installed on any solid surface with glue, nails, or staples. The reed in our matting is naturally flexible and can be cut to fit compact or complicated structures. If you plan on resizing mats, place a piece of tape on the back of the matting to stop fraying and unraveling.
Lampac Matting is a natural product that is unique in color and character. No two mats will be identical from shipment to shipment. If you want to color match a product that you previously purchased, call our knowledgeable staff for help and suggestions.
Shipping and Quality Considerations
We offer free shipping on most of our matting products. Purchased matting rolls are inspected and tested before shipment. However, reed grass is a natural material that varies in color, character, and texture. This means that each lampac matting roll will also be unique in appearance. Most customers enjoy lampac's natural variances in appearance, but keep this fact in mind if you have a certain design goal.
Lampac matting suits both interior and exterior environments with the proper care. If you are going to use lampac matting in an exterior area, remember that this material is more delicate than our other matting products. The life-span of your matting might be shorter than expected due to the climate and weather conditions in your area. Consider using a sealant or varnish to preserve your matting for survival in any environment. Or, store your mat somewhere it won't get damaged when not in use.
The Forever Bamboo team regularly works with resellers and businesses in need of island decor supplies. Parks, zoos, resorts, restaurants and other companies in need of profitable or morale-boosting spaces come to us for their slice of paradise. For commercial applications and resale of any of our product offerings, please contact us or call us Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. PST at 877-912-2244. You can also complete our wholesale inquiry form to request a customized quote. Our commercial quotes make it simpler for your business to manage the logistics of buying materials online.
Not sure what is best for you? Try before you buy with a sample box! Place your order within 45 days of purchasing your samples and get $25 off. This makes your sample box FREE!
Leave It to the Industry Leader
What makes Forever Bamboo the tropical decor industry's top supplier? We offer one of the most comprehensive inventories out there, so you don't have to shop at multiple stores to get the materials you need. To ensure the best product availability, we run our warehouse in the United States. Our business offers the supplies for a tropical paradise at the tip of your fingers. Contact us today to learn more about our selection. Please wait up to 48 hours for us to respond to any form submissions — call us at 877-912-2244 for more immediate service.
Related Products & Information